I know, most posts are usually about little guy. But I must brag on myself a bit. I completed my first ever 5K run on March 27th. It was the Atlanta Women's 5K Race. I didn't train at all for the run, but I was VERY proud of how well I did. My sweet mom came along to support me and take pictures since little guy had a baseball game at 8am.
This was the start of the race. With over 2,000 women running at the same time, it was hard to find my groove until about 1/2 mile mark.Headed toward the finish line! I couldn't believe I ran almost the entire way (I took about 1 mile break).
This was my time as I came across the line. I was so happy I did it in under 50 minutes.
I received my official time the next day. 48 minutes and 36 seconds. I broke that down and I basically ran a 15:11 minute mile. In high school when I was in excellent shape, my best ever time running a mile was 16 minutes! I've never been a runner, so this was a HUGE encouragement to sign up for the next one and actually train. Unfortunately, life is busy and I haven't had time to get out and run yet. I promise I will SCHEDULE time for it and you will see an even BETTER time next run!
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
First 5K
Posted by Kelly M at 10:29 PM





0 comments:
Post a Comment